1) Hon'ble President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee
- Hon'ble, Governor of Arunachal Pradesh, Lt Gen Nirbhay Sharma
- Hon'ble Speaker, Arunachal Pradesh State Legislative Assembly, Shri Nabam Rebia
- Learned Chairman, Board of Governors, Dr Gangan Prathap
- Vice Chancellor, Royal University of Bhutan, Prof Pema Thinley
- Learned Director, NIT, Arunachal Pradesh, Prof (Dr) C T Bhunia,
- Members of Executive and Academic Councils, Deans of Faculty,
- Dean of Academic and Examination, Prof P D Kashyap
- Heads of Departments and officers of NIT
- Distinguished Guests, invitees, parents and guardians of students,
- Media friends
- Dear students
- And Ladies and Gentlemen
2) At the outset I welcome Hon'ble President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee to the Land of Dawnlit Mountains - Arunachal Pradesh. He has a long and loving association with Arunachal Pradesh and has been its friend, philosopher and guide all through its formative years. We are indeed privileged to have him here today as the Hon'ble President of India.
3) I also welcome Prof Pema Thinley, Vice Chancellor, Royal University of Bhutan, to our state, which has so much of similarities-both culturally and historically -with the Royal Kingdom of Bhutan. I hope he would take back fond memories of his visit here and become a catalyst in future cooperation between Bhutan and Arunachal Pradesh, especially in the field of cultural research and education.
4) Today is a historic day for Arunachal Pradesh. The first National Institute of Technology of the state is offering its first batch of Engineers in the service of the nation. And for the graduates of this prestigious institute, who have received Gold Medals from the Hon'ble President of India, this would be a day to cherish for life.
5) I am delighted that our State is gradually becoming a higher educational hub. The addition of NIT Arunachal Pradesh- an Institute of National Importance - to the existing Central Universities namely Rajiv Gandhi University and North-Eastern Regional Institute of Science & Technology (NERIST) is exceptionally commendable for the prospective and splendid growth of this state.
6) It is my privilege to be here in the 1st Convocation of NIT Arunachal Pradesh in presence of the Hon’ble President of India, Hon'ble Governor of Arunachal Pradesh, luminaries and future technocrats of the country.
7) I wish passed out students who are getting degree certificates in this Convocation will be formidably successful in their life and their success will accelerate the growth of the country and the state of Arunachal Pradesh.
8) For the last few years, we have noticed an accelerated growth of NIT Arunachal Pradesh which to my mind will be extremely important to make this Institute one of the best Technical Universities in the country. I am sure this institute will grow in prestige with time and become a force of education and economy for the country.
9) I am exceptionally happy to note that the NIT Arunachal Pradesh has introduced 4 (Four) relevant programmes for the state namely: Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Bio-Technology and Entrepreneurship. I have no doubt that once the Institute shifts to its permanent site at picturesque Jote village in the outskirts of Itanagar, the Institute will have the scope to introduce many more such contemporary and relevant programmes in the future.
10) The students passing out of these programmes today must pledge in the Convocation to deliver in a way for sustainable economic growth of the country and that of Arunachal Pradesh.
11) While once again expressing my gratitude to the Hon’ble President of India for taking time out of his busy schedule to attend this convocation, I wish a bright future to all students passing out today.
12) Jai Hind!